Finally… an all-natural toothpaste with ingredients you can understand!
Here are the ingredients (updated 5/1/2018)
- potassium cocoate (organic coconut oil soap that we make in-house ~ we’ve been making soap for 18 years)
- caprylic/capric triglyceride (fractionated coconut oil; also called MCT oil)
- calcium carbonate (food grade; this comes from the ground — think egg shells)
- methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM) (pharmaceutical grade)
- sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) (food grade)
- nano hydroxyapatite (also known as Calcium phosphate hydroxide, it is the building block of teeth; sourced from New Zealand grass fed cows)
- activated coconut husk charcoal (food grade)
- calcium lactate (pharmaceutical grade)
- xylitol ( a natural sugar alcohol, used as a sweetener, food grade)
- Himalayan sea salt (food grade)
- propolis extract (food grade)
- ground cinnamomum zeylanicum (cinnamon) bark (Frontier brand USDA certified organic by QAI.)
- powdered neem leaf
- essential oils — mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, cinnamomum zeylanicum (cinnamon) leaf oil & eugenia caryophyllus (clove) flower oil. (USDA certified organic by QAI.)
- myrrh gum tincture (states organic, but certifier not listed.)
- copal oro extract (wildcrafted)
- spilanthes acmella extract
What we have changed…
We’re constantly working on making our product better and using ingredients that set us apart from all the other brands out there. We will update this page with a more lengthy explanation of what everything does, but suffice it to say that we removed all ingredients continuing silica (like all clays, and diatomaceous earth) because those ingredients are harder than tooth enamel, and they can therefore damage enamel! Amazingly, silica is a major ingredient in almost all commercial toothpastes!
Our testers give us rave reviews…
One lady, a smoker, was going to her hygienist every 3 months for cleanings that usually took an hour! This had been going on for 15 years! Within one month of using Black Magic Toothpaste, she commented that her teeth were noticeably whiter. She’s now been using it for six months and she had ZERO plaque at her last dental visit and she has rescheduled her cleaning appointments. So we’ve saved her time, money and the discomfort of getting her teeth scraped!
While she may be an unusual example, all our testers report that they look forward to brushing their teeth with Black Magic and their teeth feel like they’ve just had a professional cleaning, every time they brush!